Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Heat pumps much better now?

On 4/21/2020 9:20 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/21/2020 10:04 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 21 Apr 2020 07:36:49 -0400, Todesco

11 years ago I build this house and had the builder install the best, at
the time, HP.Â* The HVAC talked me into spending about $200 more for an
Amana unit, instead of a Goodman.Â* Both are built in the same factory.
The Amana has a lifetime replacement warranty on the entire outside
unit.Â* All for $200!

Now you've confused me.Â* Both build in same factory sounds like you
think they're the same and not worth more, but the last line makes it
sound like you think Amana is worth the extra 200.

BTW, I think Goodman was bought by Dalton and now is called Dalton???

Built in the same factory does not mean they are identical, though for
the most part they probably are.Â* I've seen HVAC units built with the
only change being the sticker with brand name, but I've also seen them
with minor changes in features.

That's the "Daikan" Group that is the parent, not Dalton.

Goodman bought Amana in 1997, then sold the appliance business unit to
Maytag in 2001 keeping the Amana HVAC brand.