Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Of Taps and Tails

On Sun, 19 Apr 2020 01:08:48 -0700 (PDT), Mathew Newton wrote:

On Saturday, 18 April 2020 09:30:45 UTC+1, PeterC wrote:

the tails have 10mm thread into the tap, with a little O-ring as a seal. If
I tighten a tail as much as I can I can still unscrew it by just twisting
the other end. The hex on the tail is no good as it's deep within the base
of the tap.

w Note that the instructions for our our monoblock tap (a Franke) says to
only hand-tighten the tails and explicitly says not to use any tools. It is
designed so the o-rings seal against the side walls - not under compression
with a mating face (it's not a washer) - and would remain doing so even if
undone several turns which wouldn't happen given the compression end anchors
the flexi in place. Might yours be the same?

Well, the female threads in the tap have a tapered lead-in, so possibly.
It wouldn't stand several turns - ½ a turn perhaps.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away