Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Of Taps and Tails

PeterC wrote:
Got new tap, swivel-spout mixer, with the usual metal mesh outer. Now, a
couple of things:

how durable are these tails? Pressure is about 4 Bar, so quite a force on
the hose.

the tails have 10mm thread into the tap, with a little O-ring as a seal. If
I tighten a tail as much as I can I can still unscrew it by just twisting
the other end. The hex on the tail is no good as it's deep within the base
of the tap.

Spawn of the devil IMHO, horrible things in almost every way, I've yet
to have a good experience with them and they're virtually standard now.

--
Chris Green
ยท