Michael McNeil

Default Skirting

"Andy" wrote in message
om

How do I get the angle for mitre joints in my hexagonal bay window? I
know you need a bevel and protractor, but is there a formula you
use....?

Follow the walls with two sets of parallel lines drawn on the floor.
Where the lines intersect is the angle you want.

I use a couple of scraps of different section a 2", say and a 4" or 5".
That will give me 2 parallel lines around each corner. A line drawn
through the points where these sets meet will divide the corner equally.
Put the bevel against a wall and open it to the bisecting line.