Julie

Default Can I tile my countertop, and undermount a sink?

"Grandpa Koca" wrote
Julie wrote:

I'm intending to tile my countertop in granite. Undermounted
sinks are nifty ... but is doing that, as hard as I think it would
be (lots of cuts for a lip; getting the corners right)? My local
HD cuts granite for $1, so that's not so big a factor. But the
edges would still be sharp ... ?

Might want to consider a "tile-in" sink. No lip to deal with, square
corners. Are you seriously thinking of having HD make all your cuts
for the counter?

I'll look into the tile-ins, I thought they were for ceramic only.

My counter is a 10'-long, 24"-deep rectangle, with a sink in it. Two
more 13" by 24" sections. So, not overly complicated - will only need
cuts for the sink, the sections, and a backsplash. Is there a reason I
shouldn't have the cuts done at HD?

JSH