Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris B[_2_] Chris B[_2_] is offline

Default G4: halogen or LED?

On 15/04/2020 11:10, charles wrote:
In article ,
newshound wrote:
We have a number of those "bedside lights" with a transformer in the
base and a pair of "radio aeriels" taking 12 volts AC to the light unit
containing a 20 watt halogen G4.

I've just used my last spare halogen bulb, I see there are loads of LED
replacements around.

I am using an LED replacement in the transformer equipped desk light beside
me. No problems

+1

(just be a bit careful you can get 1.8W (~20w Halogen) and 1.0W (~10W
halogen) I can only speak for the 1.8W which seem to be fine. I expect
as always you need to make sure that you get the colour temperature that
you prefer - presumably warm white for bedside.

--
Chris B (News)