Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default G4: halogen or LED?

In article ,
newshound wrote:
We have a number of those "bedside lights" with a transformer in the
base and a pair of "radio aeriels" taking 12 volts AC to the light unit
containing a 20 watt halogen G4.

I've just used my last spare halogen bulb, I see there are loads of LED
replacements around.

For main domestic lights I have long since replaced halogens with LED
but I am not so bothered about energy saving or safety for bedside
lights, and I do find halogens give good light for reading.

Are LEDs OK in this type of light, or would you stick with halogens?
Presumably the crude power supplies work fine with LED?

I am using an LED replacement in the transformer equipped desk light beside
me. No problems

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England