Jeff

Default AC replacement part and or power strip

Hi, about three years ago I bought a Maytag M3T12F2A window air
conditioner, 12,000 BTU - a standard unit for a 115 volt wall outlet.
(I live in an apartment, not a house.)
The rotary on/off high/low dial broke off, which is plastic.
As a result, I can't adjust the unit or even turn it on or off.
Fortunately the unit was on low cool mode at the time of the dial
breaking off, so as long as it's plugged in it operates.
I have attempted to locate a replacement part for this unit, but I
can't. It's possible this is because I bought it at BJ's and this
model was possibly made in limited quanties for BJ's.
I checked the Maytag and Fedders websites but there's no option for
replacement parts and I checked a few parts replacement websites and
this model isn't listed.

If need be, I can live with the situation as is providing that I can
find a proper power strip to use for on/off with surge protection.

Assuming that I won't be able to find a replacement dial (I still
have the original plastic dial but the part that adheres to the metal
piece in the unit that actually does the turning is broken off) can
you recommend a proper and safe power strip to use to turn the unit on
and off?

Thanks in advance.
Jeff

for personal replies, remove PESTSTRIP.