Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Bow saw blade for dry wood?

On 12/04/2020 21:21, John_j wrote:

"Tim+" wrote in message

Theres a large dead branch dangling from the Larch at the end of my
garden. Still attached but it looks untidy and Ive a mind to lop it off.

The branch is long dead and well dried.Â* 5 minutes work with a
chainsaw but
as its about 20ft up Im not entirely comfortable with waving a chainsaw
around at altitude. ;-)

Obviously going to take longer with a bow saw but I dont mind
investing in
a new sharp blade of the right type (namely, not one for green wood) if
itll make the job easier.

What should I be looking for?

IMO a pole saw. Much less risk of falling off, you only
have to avoid being under what you are sawing off.

Electric pole saws are easier to use but obviously
cost more than a manual one.

You missed a good one at Lidl a few weeks ago, 50 notes IIRC (I already
have batteries). Won't do 20 feet of course, but assuming you can get a
ladder up somewhere safely you can be well clear of the sharp bit and
the heavy bit.