Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Bow saw blade for dry wood?

Tim+ wrote:
Thomas Prufer wrote:
On 12 Apr 2020 21:28:49 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

Too big for one of those. Probably 8-9€ť diameter, wider than it is deep.

Pole saw -- the kind with hooked noses on the ends. Extend the pole with duct
tape and bamboo poles.

Fiskars make them.

(Searching for "Silky pole saw" will get you razor-sharp sawblades at the end of
light poles, extendable to six meters. Sadly, this comes at a
significant^Wexorbitant price.)

Ive climbed the tree today and theres less wood to cut through than I
thought. From the ground the branch looks €śhalf snapped€ť whereas in fact
its nearer 80%. Ive got rope climbing gear and if I can persuade my wife
to belay me (again) I think Ill actually manage with my existing handsaw.

Job done. Branch was nearer 90% snapped which just left a €śrind€ť of wood
about an inch thick to saw through. Getting to it was the tricky bit but
with a combination of a ladder, a bit of climbing and some rope climbing
gear for security and my wife belaying me from below, the job was
accomplished without too many near-death experiences. ;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls