Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I'd like to buy a small lathe

amdx on Sun, 12 Apr 2020 13:51:33 -0500 typed in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Hi all,
I had a Harbor freight lathe that I bought used.
While I got some utility from it, it was rusted after a hurricane
damaged my shed roof. I sold it cheap letting someone else do the clean up.
So, I want another lathe, I don't want anther HF unit, not even sure I
want one of the larger Grizzly Lathes. Might be convinced though.
I have looked at Bolton Lathes and they interest me, But I'm really
stretching what I want to spend at $2,000 by the time I buy some
accessories.
I have looked for a used lathe, but I don't want to start with
other people problems.
Any suggestions what to look at?

Mikek

I'm assuming you want a metal turning lathe? (I have various
plans for wood turning lathes which can be as simple or as elaborate
as you can imagine. "Some day ....")
--
pyotr filipivich