Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Terrell[_2_] Michael Terrell[_2_] is offline

Default I'd like to buy a small lathe

On 4/12/2020 11:51 AM, amdx wrote:
Hi all,
Â*I had a Harbor freight lathe that I bought used.
While I got some utility from it, it was rusted after a hurricane
damaged my shed roof. I sold it cheap letting someone else do the clean up.
Â*So, I want another lathe, I don't want anther HF unit, not even sure I
want one of the larger Grizzly Lathes. Might be convinced though.
Â*I have looked at Bolton Lathes and they interest me, But I'm really
stretching what I want to spend at $2,000 by the time I buy some
accessories.
Â* I have looked for a used lathe, but I don't want to start with
other people problems.
Â*Any suggestions what to look at?

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Mikek

Ask Mark Wieber for one. He has dozens that mysteriously "appeared" in
his "shop."