Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Delta band saw motor started smoking, then switched popped and smoked...

On Sat, 11 Apr 2020 10:43:19 -0500, Markem
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 17:17:46 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Friday, April 10, 2020 at 6:14:28 PM UTC-4, Markem wrote:
On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 18:44:02 +0000, brianp
m wrote:

replying to krw, brianp wrote:
Thanks to everyone for the replies!! I opened the switch housing and found the
blown capacitor!! Hopefully I can just replace that and save $160. However, I
started looking around for it and can't find a replacement anywhere that looks
like it will fit into the same spot in the saw...anyone have any ideas??

Digikey might be a source

https://www.digikey.com/en/resources/capacitors

Probably is a source, but site doesn't seem very easy to search.

Agree with the searching on Digikey, if you know what you want not
that much of a problem. More for a electronics person who knows what
they want.

Exactly. It's the best electronics search tool for engineers. The
rest of the industry search tools aren't even close. I probably order
from them a couple of times a month (just got an $1,000 order but
haven't been able to open it - locked out due to a WuFlu exposure in
building). If it's not at Digikey, in my desk, or a manufacturer's
sample, the possibility of a design-in is about nil.