Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Flat battery

In article ,
ARW wrote:
On 10/04/2020 20:05, Martin Brown wrote:
On 10/04/2020 17:20, Bert Coules wrote:
I just discovered that my car's battery is flat. I won't need the car
until around the middle of next week: will it damage the battery at
all to leave it uncharged until then?

Not really. Solar powered battery topup devices with 12W or more peak
capacity are quite useful for seldom used cars.

And are the home rescue services operating at the moment anyway?

Dunno.
What is wrong with a mains powered battery charger or a jump start?

I always used the bump start and relied on the alternator.

Don't buy an auto, then. ;-)

Only girls drive autos.

Easy enough to tow start them at 30MPH

--