Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Flat battery

On 11/04/2020 09:53, Bert Coules wrote:
newshound wrote:

The old fashioned transformer sort *usually* had a meter, you can
recognise those because they are always in a pressed steel box with
big ventilation louvres. The modern electronic ones (typically lightly
finned aluminium extrusions as heat sinks) will have electronic
regulation and usually have a coloured light.

Mine is in a plastic casing with no apparent heatsinks, externally at
least. It has six LEDs marked from 1A up to 6.

LEDs, oh a modern one! Sounds like it will do up to 6 amps, should drop
to 1 amp once charged. Might take 24 hours to recharge fully if it is a
big battery and completely flat. Should be charged enough to start in
half a day, but for health of battery I would recharge it fully on the
charger.

As others have said, I'd say safe enough to close bonnet loosely over
cable and try to make sure from cable routing that it is not too
obvious. The battery is probably more valuable than the charger!

Make sure the cable clamps don't touch the bonnet when it is down!