Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Delta band saw motor started smoking, then switched popped and smoked...

On Friday, April 10, 2020 at 6:14:28 PM UTC-4, Markem wrote:
On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 18:44:02 +0000, brianp
m wrote:

replying to krw, brianp wrote:
Thanks to everyone for the replies!! I opened the switch housing and found the
blown capacitor!! Hopefully I can just replace that and save $160. However, I
started looking around for it and can't find a replacement anywhere that looks
like it will fit into the same spot in the saw...anyone have any ideas??

Digikey might be a source

https://www.digikey.com/en/resources/capacitors

Probably is a source, but site doesn't seem very easy to search.

Search for CBB61 and you get "We weren't able to find any results based
on your search entry."

Search for 20uF, and you get 16,605 results categorized by component type,
which you then need to drill down into. You really need to know what you
are looking for, like what *type* of capacitor (Tantalum, Aluminum, Ceramic,
etc.) before you can get very far.

On the other hand, search Amazon or ebay for *either* CBB61 or 20uF, and
you'll find an exact match for *both*.

Just 2 examples...

https://www.amazon.com/HQRP-2-Pack-C.../dp/B01N5NLYY9

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HQRP-Motor-...x/272525393106