Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Delta band saw motor started smoking, then switched popped and smoked...

On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 18:44:02 +0000, brianp
m wrote:

replying to krw, brianp wrote:
Thanks to everyone for the replies!! I opened the switch housing and found the
blown capacitor!! Hopefully I can just replace that and save $160. However, I
started looking around for it and can't find a replacement anywhere that looks
like it will fit into the same spot in the saw...anyone have any ideas??

https://www.homeownershub.com/img/m3

You don't give the dimensions.

Google "20 microfarad rectangular run capacitor" and see if you get
anything that is close. Note that in general you can substitute a
capacitor with a higher voltage rating for one with a lower.