Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Knot Question

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 5 Apr 2020 09:31:43 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 4 Apr 2020 21:38:37 +0100 (GMT+01:00), thescullster
wrote:

Hi all

I am trying to encourage an apple tree in a certain direction by
gradually pulling it over.
There is a copper beach tree nearby to act as the anchor for the
rope tie.

What I need is a knot that can take up slack as I pull hard to
bend the tree.
Anyone understand what I am trying to achieve and suggest the
appropriate knot please?

I would have thought you just want to tie into a loop
of some sort and then do a half hitch to lock it off?

You'd be wrong.

reams of your **** flushed where it belongs

The truckers hitch lets you get a lot more tension on
the rope and is much easier to adjust over time too.

A truckers hitch offers no more tension that a looped rope

Wrong. It is in fact the equivalent of a block and
tackle system done entirely with just the one rope.

an would offer less if the single part of the rope was
on it's strength limits (compared with two parts).

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.