Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Knot Question

On 05/04/2020 06:59:37, ARW wrote:
On 04/04/2020 22:34, Robin wrote:
On 04/04/2020 21:38, thescullster wrote:
Hi all

I am trying to encourage an apple tree in a certain direction by
Â* gradually pulling it over.
There is a copper beach tree nearby to act as the anchor for the
Â* rope tie.

What I need is a knot that can take up slack as I pull hard to
Â* bend the tree.
Anyone understand what I am trying to achieve and suggest the
Â* appropriate knot please?

I've tied 2 of the knots suggested in the distant past when helping
relatives on HGVs or trying single rope caving techniques.

But in the 21st century unless pennies are tight I'd say sod that and
buy a heavy ratchet strap.

+1

And the webbing is wider than rope and so cut into the tree much less.

I was also thinking spreading out the force with multiple straps rather
than through a single contact point. Again causing less damage.