Posted to uk.d-i-y
thescullster thescullster is offline

Default Knot Question

George Miles Wrote in message:
Use one rope, tie as tight as you can.Then another rope to get it tighter.Then back to the first rope

Hey Guys

Thanks to all respondents.

To fill in one or two gaps here...

The reason for the tie is to encourage the tree back vertical.
It has been under the spreading canopy of a copper beach tree and
dived off to one side in search of light.
The copper canopy has gone so hopefully the apple tree will head
back vertical anyway.

For those suggesting more than rope tensioning, I do have a 3/4
tonne pull lift somewhere, but wanted to take a more gentle
approach.

I have used one of the more basic trucker's hitch configurations.
I say more basic, cos it seems you can increase the number of
lower rope parts and reduce the effort needed. As my anchor is
round the base of a tree, I think friction would negate any
benefit that might bring.

I'd like to say I will commit this knot to memory, but every year
that seems an increasingly unlikely state of affairs.

Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/