Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peeler[_4_] Peeler[_4_] is offline

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sun, 5 Apr 2020 09:24:38 +1000, John_j, better known as cantankerous

"thescullster" wrote in message
Hi all

I am trying to encourage an apple tree in a certain direction by
gradually pulling it over.
There is a copper beach tree nearby to act as the anchor for the
rope tie.

What I need is a knot that can take up slack as I pull hard to
bend the tree.
Anyone understand what I am trying to achieve

Yes.

and suggest the appropriate knot please?

The best approach is the truckers knot
used to tie down loads.

It would be a great way to fix your senile gob, every time you try to open
it and make you shut up for good, although a simple rope around your neck
would definitely be the preferred method.

--
Website (from 2007) dedicated to the 86-year-old trolling senile
cretin from Oz: