Don Young

Default refrigerator door gakset

On many units the door itself is very flexible when the inner panel is
removed. When you reinstall the inner panel you need to leave the screws
barely snug and twist the door so the top and bottom close at the same time,
then tighten the screws. Lots of good advice in the other posts.

Don Young

"Bob Urz" wrote in message
I have a twenty year old 17.5 c' whirlpool refrigerator. The door gasket
was getting torn. So, i went down to my local appliance parts house and
got a door gasket for it. Was a big pain in the ass to put on.
Now, the door does not want to close and seal like it used to.

I can tell the magnetic pull of the new gasket is not as strong as the
old one. I compared the new one to the freezer door which is original.
Is there a problem with these aftermarket door gaskets (FSP)? Has anyone
done this kind of repair and had a problem?

Bob