Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Painting exterior door

On 30/03/2020 22:14, newshound wrote:
On 20/03/2020 21:49, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 20/03/2020 09:12, Scott wrote:
At the moment, I am looking for a technological solution.Â* I see that
Network Rail used flake glass epoxy on the Forth Bridge but I believe
this is wholly unsuitable.

A good epoxy on bare wood can't be beaten. That's why boats use it.

Andy

Even better with a polyurethane topcoat to protect it from UV. As used
on Nuclear Fuel transport flasks.

Epoxy is prone to UV damage. I can't recall what the varnish on mine is.

Trouble I had is that once it had had a few bangs, then sat with a wet
canvas cover on it, the result was local damage.

Andy