Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Water sealing a hole

On Wednesday, 1 April 2020 13:56:19 UTC+1, AnthonyL wrote:
I've got a piece of plastic through which I want to pass a 1/2" hose.

I want the seal between the hose and the plastic to be watertight but
not permanent, eg I don't want to use a glue.

The container through which the hose will go will be holding about 2"
of water and then will overflow, basically a bird bath with a fountain
through the middle. At the moment the water is seeping back through
the rough 1/2" hole and the hose.

My caulking compound, last used 3yrs ago is as solid as a rock. I
don't want to buy another tube just for a tiddly job, neither do I
want to go to the shops.

Ideas?

Plumber's Mate.
Blue tack.