Nearly Done!

Default Pan connectors - damn you B&Q!

(adder) wrote in message . com...
(Nearly Done!) wrote in message . com...
"Woodspoiler" wrote in message ...
Go to
http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/n115.asp and page down to
swan neck connectors

W.

Cheers, Woodspoiler! I think that'll do the trick.

Thanks for all your help you lot - I'll let you know how I get on.

They have these in B&Q don't they? I got mine from Wickes though....

Come on, Adder. That would be far too convenient for the customer for
them to supply the part needed to fit one of their products. They do
have offsets in B&Q but you shouldn't have to buy two parts when one
could accomplish the job. Never checked Wickes though.

As an aside this loo was part of a cloakroom set. The taps that came
with the basin had 10mm pipework, with no reducer to connect to the
15mm - had to buy them extra - marvellous. They're either sly or
stupid - can't make my mind up which.

Anyway, I've tried the McAlpine one, it cost me £11.50 from a local
plumbers merchant. it didn't work as the bend/knuckle was further
forward than the entry for the pan spigot. Instead of being too far
back it was too far forward. Scratching my head as to why they've done
that. Taken it back this morning and just ordered one of the swan
necks from the BES website. Fingers crossed.

I really do pity any poor sod that took their old toilet out without
measuring up when fitting one of these.....