TURTLE

Default refrigerator door gakset

"Bob Urz" wrote in message ...
I have a twenty year old 17.5 c' whirlpool refrigerator. The door gasket
was getting torn. So, i went down to my local appliance parts house and
got a door gasket for it. Was a big pain in the ass to put on.
Now, the door does not want to close and seal like it used to.

I can tell the magnetic pull of the new gasket is not as strong as the
old one. I compared the new one to the freezer door which is original.
Is there a problem with these aftermarket door gaskets (FSP)? Has anyone
done this kind of repair and had a problem?

Bob

This is Turtle.

When you put a new door gasket on it. You probley have a different thickiness from the old one and you will have to adjust the door
hinges to account for the thicker or thinner door gasket. This is common on refrigerators and freezers with new door gaskets. Now if
you just keep using the door a good bit. In about a year or two you will mash the new gasket into the space set by the door to the
point of it fitting in the old door gasket space. You can speed this process up by adjusting the door hinges to make it close
correctly now.

TURTLE

---