Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott53051 Scott53051 is offline

Default Drywall Over Steel Basement Reinforcement Studs

replying to Rob Kiz, Scott53051 wrote:
I just found this thread as I was looking for something else but since we all
are home self-quarantining, I have the time. I cannot believe people are so
clueless on what you were trying to ask and then chime in with inane comments.
Hang a waistline and drapes? Are you kidding? Why would you even take the
time to write? I know this thread is ten years old but if anyone else is
looking for an answer, the correct way would be to either: build a new wall
outside of the beam thickness in which you will lose an additional approx. 4"
(plus the 5"-6" beams) or purchase some 2"x6" and build frames inside the beam
columns using treated lumber for sill plate and make sure to attache top piece
to joists. It is a more tedious but will save you some room. Sorry that some
people just "don't get it" but I'm sure some of them mean well...just hope
they don't do their own home projects!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ds-456509-.htm