Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default "Mixed up the brake and accelerator"?!?

"Steve Walker" wrote in message

My Mark 2 Golf in the late 80s had a totally separate toggle switch on the
dashboard. Just after I got the car, I encountered fog so I was scrupulously
careful about turn the rear foglights off every time I saw the headlights of
a car behind (to avoid dazzling him) and then turning it back on when there
were no headlights. It wasn't until I got home that I realised I'd been
accidentally toggling the heated rear window switch alongside, and had been
unwittingly dazzling cars behind me :-(

Foglights are meant to be seen through fog. If there was fog the
lights would not have been dazzling. By switching them off you risk
the following car crashing into you beause you can't be eeen. Leave
them on and if they really are dazzling the following car will drop
back.
--
Dave W