On Friday, March 27, 2020 at 6:57:07 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, November 14, 2008 at 4:45:27 PM UTC-8, Patrick C wrote:
Having an echo problem started a few weeks ago. Support takes me through a
set of trouble shooting procedures and then repeats the procedures to no
avail. Tried it on all of our three systems 2 Vista and a XP with no
change. Wondering if anyone else was having this problem? Was thinking of
purchasing a few more as gifts but won't with a problem like this. Think
I'll recommend Skype instead.

I've heard AT&T Uverse and MigicJack don't play well. Gonna test on a Non-Uverse network and let you know.

Ok, my update: I tried my MJ on my neighbors COX service (he also has the same model MJ that I have, but says his echo is not as pronounced as mine. He didn't notice it until I started this investigation.) and it does the same thing. Sounds good at the MJ on my end but the other end echos with approx a 1/2 sec digital delay. Connected with a USB on my computer to do a firmware upgrade and as an added bonus got the MJ Softphone installed. Tried again with a phone attached while on the USB, no change, but via the soft-phone and a PC (USB) headset it is perfect. Also when using the MagicAPP on my cell phone it's perfect. So I suspect the ATA in the MJ package. Since my unit is about 5 years old my options a Just buy a new device, or change to a different provider/service. Gotta admit at the 5 year plan MJ is priced REALLY inexpensively. So there you have it. I'll try a replacement 1st. Since it'll then be under warranty THAT one could be sent back if the problem doesn't improve.