HeatMan

Default Water heater pressure relief value drip

"Harry K" wrote in message
m...
"HeatMan" wrote in message

ink.net...
"Remove dots from userid to reply" wrote

in
message news:ddNmc.46945$NZ4.25775@lakeread05...
"HeatMan" wrote in message
. net...
"Remove dots from userid to reply"

wrote
in
message news:AOsmc.44267$NZ4.9695@lakeread05...
About four months ago, we replaced our electric water

So. The question is: do I *need* an expansion tank? I was given

two
1) Expansion tank.
2) Just run a tube from the valve to the floor drain nearby

Who told you to run the 'tube' from the valve to the floor?

Sears troubleshooting guy (they did the install, had a good sale on at

the
time I bought it). He was interesting: had to be 75, obviously been

doing
this since Hector was a pup. But he didn't figure out why it had just
started, I did, so I felt smarrrt (as my kids would say).

...phsiii

I don't care if he was 7 or 75, piping a leaking relief valve to a floor
drain is criminal.

I have to agree if he doesn't fix the valve first. As to running it
to a drain. That is only good practice as long as you leave an air
gap.

Wow! He agrees with what I say!

Amazing.