Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default Garage LEDs

Although I have a garage door opener, the LED will not be going into
it. Instead it'll be going into a simple white celing socket. The
current bulb is too soft to shed enough light into some areas and I
don't want to bump up the wattage and increase the heat.

I've got LEDs elsewhere in the house, just not these new flip panels.
Seems like a good idea to be able to adjust the panel to throw light
more where it is needed or wanted. I'm just hoping it's enough light.

I forgot about the Rockler ones. I'll have to think about those too.
For now I may try one of the LEDs off Amazon and, if it's not enough
lumen, I can return it. I need more light and something that will run
cool since the garage can get rather hot.

I'm leaning towards the 3-flip arm with the center piece. Seems like a
good way to throw light downward and 360 around. We'll see. Once I
just out more reviews and ratings.

Thanks for all the info, ideas, and tips.