Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Reverse of winter highs - Gridwatch

On 25/03/2020 16:47, David wrote:
Just noting that for the last few days we have had a high over a lot of
the country, but instead of grey skies and no wind we have blue skies and
a lot of wind.

Could be the weather front stalled half way down, of course.

Anyway at the moment there are bright blue skies for lots of solar and
plenty of wind.
Coal off most of the time, nuclear running lower than usual (maintenance?)
and CCGT not doing a lot.

Renewables kicking around 50% of demand.

Nice to see, but I'm sure it won't last.

Cheers

Dave R

actually no., there is no wind power today. remember most of the wind
subsidy goes to porridgewogs up on edinburgh...it can be lam in the
south and blowing a gale up in orkney

Of course the more renewable energy is online the higher your
electricity bill.

Only 'nice' for lunatics

its shoes.