Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Reverse of winter highs - Gridwatch

Just noting that for the last few days we have had a high over a lot of
the country, but instead of grey skies and no wind we have blue skies and
a lot of wind.

Could be the weather front stalled half way down, of course.

Anyway at the moment there are bright blue skies for lots of solar and
plenty of wind.
Coal off most of the time, nuclear running lower than usual (maintenance?)
and CCGT not doing a lot.

Renewables kicking around 50% of demand.

Nice to see, but I'm sure it won't last.

Cheers

Dave R