Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Garage LEDs

On Monday, March 23, 2020 at 8:18:07 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 18:06:44 -0400, Clare Snyder

SOME LED lamps interfere with SOME RF remotes.The only time they
would be a problem is trying to close the door with the lights still
on after opening, or trying to re-open the door with the lights still
on after closing.

Which isn't an unusual situation. The lights come on (timer resets)
when you back out of the garage and cross the safety beam. I don't
wait another five minutes to drive off.'

I'm with the second post. HALF the time, the LED light interference would cause a problem. When I used the garage opener, it was like this.

Backing car out of garage, door closed, push button on wall to open garage door, lights in opener come on, walk to car, get in, back out, use remote inside car to close door. LED interference would be a problem whenever you left the house because the LED light is on when you are trying to use the remote!!!!

Entering garage when coming home, drive into drive way, door closed, use remote inside car to open door, lights in opener come on, drive in, get out of car, walk to button on wall and close garage door. No problems because you are using the wall button to close the door when the LED lights are on, not the remote. So LED interference can't interfere with the remote.

The lights in my garage opener stay on for 5 minutes or so. So waiting in the drive way until the lights go off automatically and then using the remote with no LED interference is not an option.