Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Garage LEDs

On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 18:06:44 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 18:16:48 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 7:36:03 PM UTC-4, G Ross wrote:
Casper wrote:
Anyone try or using these newer garage LEDs?

https://smile.amazon.com/Deformable-...%2C139&sr=8-15

https://smile.amazon.com/Garage-Defo...s%2C139&sr=8-4

I have very limited light in my garage and really need more. I ran
across these new LED screw-in bulbs and was curious if anyone here has
tried or seen them in action. Good light? Last long?

TiA
`Casper

When LED bulbs first came on the market people were complaining that
when used IN A GARAGE DOOR OPENER the opener would not work correctly.

They are still complaining. Well, maybe "people" aren't complaining,
but manufacturers still advise against it, sort of.

On this page, Chamberlain puts LEDs on the list of bulbs *not* to use,
then immediately provides a table of compatible LEDs. WTF? At least they
put an disclaimer next to it, so I guess it's not a real "not".

https://support.chamberlaingroup.com...-1484145692747

SOME LED lamps interfere with SOME RF remotes.The only time they
would be a problem is trying to close the door with the lights still
on after opening, or trying to re-open the door withthe lights still
on after closing.

Which isn't an unusual situation. The lights come on (timer resets)
when you back out of the garage and cross the safety beam. I don't
wait another five minutes to drive off.'

I do have something interfering but I can't pin it on the lights. It
doesn't seem to matter whether they're on or off. It seems very
positional.