Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Pressure washer snapped hose quick connector

On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 9:00:53 PM UTC, wrote:
Tim+ was thinking very hard :
I think it is just a €śstandard€ť Hoselock type connector.. Theyre made by
many people these days though and there will be small differences in
€śnon-critical€ť dimensions.

I have several of the usual size, one which is bigger and almost
tightens.

Why not buy a brass one? Unlikely to break again and probably has a larger
internal bore.

I have a brass Hozelock version which has a too small internal thread.

Well now, whilst stumbling around my garage I found my old Karcher and had a look at the water input thread. Well I couldnt see it properly with the hoselock connector on it so I tried to unscrew it.

Too tight to remove by hand so I got out a pump spanner. It *seemed* to be unscrewing but actually all the threads were stripping off the plastic fitting. F*ck!

Fortunately I have few standard hoselock adaptors kicking around and whaddaya know, it just screwed straight on tightened up properly.

Of course my machine may not be the same as yours but I cant see why they wouldnt use standard garden hose adaptors on the inlet.

Tim