Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Top tip. How to combat panic buying.

On 16/03/2020 11:55, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 10:01:37 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

snip

Yea. 'Black Bottom' was a dance craze in the early 1900's. You're
advocating it's reintroduction? https://tinyurl.com/yx2r8wl3

;-)

I do question if everyone is panic buying or just offsetting their JIT
and being prepared in case they are ill / self isolate?

We do our 'weekly shop' on foot with a trolley and just as the
Coronavirus thing started to kick off, we needed to top up our
relatively small buffer of baked beans and the like. I don't consider
it 'stockpiling' if what you buy still fits in your standard kitchen
cupboards.

Similar thing with dog food. We typically buy a 15kg bag of Kibble and
a selection of tins of meat and split those between the 3 places the
dog finds itself at dinner time (Daughters, ours, my Mums) and just
recently bought a bag as we were all running low.

A couple of days ago we popped into our local Sainbury's just before
closing and bought the fresh ingredients for me to do a stir-fry for 4
and a couple of packs of beer as there was none round Mums.

There were a few packs of toilet roll on the shelves (we didn't buy
any), few of the shelves looked empty and we just bought a baskets
worth of the stuff we needed.

Cheers, T i m

nobody is interested in your shopping habits tim ....