Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Garage LEDs

On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 10:09:33 AM UTC-4, Casper wrote:
Anyone try or using these newer garage LEDs?

https://smile.amazon.com/Deformable-...%2C139&sr=8-15

https://smile.amazon.com/Garage-Defo...s%2C139&sr=8-4

I have very limited light in my garage and really need more. I ran
across these new LED screw-in bulbs and was curious if anyone here has
tried or seen them in action. Good light? Last long?

TiA
`Casper

Interesting. I think I like the round one with the center down-light
fixture. Seems like that would help fill in the area below the fixture
if the side lights were tilted up a lot. More even lighting across the
room.

On the other hand, I'd like to see how the other one would work with nothing
pointed down. Just let it light up the ceiling area. Might allow for some
soft general lighting. Obviously depends on room use.

Interesting concept.

On the "however" side, spot lighting an area can be detrimental. That
spotlight pointed at the workbench really lights it up until you get
between the light and the bench. Then all you do is cast your shadow
on the bench. Better to have an overhead light in front of the user
so that no shadows are cast. That's how my shop is set up.