Posted to alt.home.repair
A noiseless patient Spider A noiseless patient Spider is offline

Default smoke detector and treadmill

On 3/22/2020 10:00 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, March 21, 2020 at 11:44:06 PM UTC-4, Cflood wrote:
replying to rednelb, Cflood wrote:
When we use our treadmill, the smoke detectors go off also. We have plugged
in the treadmill in different outlets. The smoke detectors are hard wired with
battery backups. We have found only one outlet that it will work without
setting off the alarms. Very annoying

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ll-471520-.htm

Where are these various outlets in relation to the treadmill? If they
are all near the same smoke detector, I would suggest swapping smoke
detectors seeing what happens. If that doesn't work, try another smoke
detector, different brand. Possible something is wrong with it and
it's being set off too easily.

What is setting the detector off?Â* A wireless electrical signal/pulse?Â* Or actual smoke particles from loose receptacle wiring?

Maybe put the detector in a ziploc bag and see if it still goes off when the treadmill is used.