Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Close coupled bog...

On 21/03/2020 22:26, Roger Mills wrote:
On 21/03/2020 13:15, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 21/03/2020 11:35, John wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in
:

On 21/03/2020 10:51, R D S wrote:

I'm having my first experience of a close coupled cistern/pan, must
have escaped them until now.

There's a foam 'doughnut' between the two, I presume i'm fastening
the cistern and pan together until that is squashed and the ceramic
parts are in contact?

just watch there are foam doughnuts and there are foam doughnuts trial
and error as to what type works for you.....

There is a spigot on the cistern as well isn't there?

em...no

There *is*, in effect, a spigot created by the threaded part of the
syphon which protrudes through the bottom of the cistern. The doughnut
fits round that, and is located by it.

The nut on the syphon also retains a metal plate which has a bolt at
either end for attaching the cistern to the pan and compressing the
doughnut.

oh right