Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Charging your car at home.

Has anyone ever bought a house with a garage built at the same time which
was actually an adequate size for the sort of car that house would expect
to see?

Round here the council has recently approved a new development where it was stated in the planning application that the attached garages would be too small to house a car in effect like most other garages they will simply be storerooms yet the stupid thing is they are going to fit a garage door?

Back end of 2018 I had a garage erected 40sq. mts. with a 4.8m frontage with a 9 wide door. I can easily get in and out of the Kuga either side despite putting in 0.8m wide benching down one side and 0.7m racking down the other side. When I finally get my kitchen out of the back end the last 2.4m of the length will be partitioned off to become my man cave. There is not a single bloke who has come to our property that has not wanted to a have a look round or expressed their envy. When the groundworks were being done there were quite a few mutterings as to whether we were putting up another house without planning permission, so out of badness I put it about that I was getting a pile of bunk beds and putting up asylum seekers.. When the racking and benching arrived some people were developing swan necks trying to see what I was up to🤩

Richard