Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default Close coupled bog...

On 21/03/2020 10:59, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 21/03/2020 10:51, R D S wrote:

I'm having my first experience of a close coupled cistern/pan, must
have escaped them until now.

There's a foam 'doughnut' between the two, I presume i'm fastening the
cistern and pan together until that is squashed and the ceramic parts
are in contact?

just watch there are foam doughnuts and there are foam doughnuts trial
and error as to what type works for you.....

Yes, if you have to change the doughnut you really need a selection. I
had to cut one I bought on ebay down to size. The original no longer
worked properly after I took the cistern off to change the siphon.

--
Michael Chare