Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cloros commercials.

On Friday, March 20, 2020 at 10:46:54 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 22:20:19 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 09:36:59 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Friday, March 20, 2020 at 12:25:13 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Yeah, that is ridiculous. We have a pool store in every strip mall and
there are two on opposite sides of the road where I go.

Plenty of business in Florida for pool stores. Up here in the icebox,
pools are a minus when selling the house, so not that many people
have them. They're pretty much useful only between Memorial Day and
Labor Day, which is a lot of money for not much return.

Cindy Hamilton

Neighbour just sold his house. He tore out the pool last fall -
figured it made him almost 40 grand on the sale. Or it had been a
brand new pool it would still have cost him close to 20. Folks still
putting them in - but they sure limit your market. He'd likely have
still got hid asking, but he wouldn't have had the multiple offers
that drive the price up

When I lived up in the frozen north I never considered a pool but I
did have a spa. Down here it makes sense. Our season is at least 8
months for us and the kids get in it at Christmas. It is still warmer
than Lake Michigan is in August. (70 or so). Florida people won't get
in until it is 80. I will do 75 but that is about it for me. My dog
doesn't care. He is in it all year long.

We've got a hot tub, outdoors. We spend a ton of money heating it
all year, but sitting in it watching snow fall is great.

Cindy Hamilton