Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Charging your car at home.

On 21/03/2020 08:02, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 21/03/2020 07:17, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 21:30:14 on Fri, 20 Mar
2020, Vir Campestris remarked:
Has anyone ever bought a house with a garage built at the same time
which
was actually an adequate size for the sort of car that house would
expect
to see?

At our previous house, built 1987, the garage would hold my
family-sized Primera estate and my wife's Micra.

Adequate, but barely.

I remember viewing a 1930's house where the garage door was visibly
narrower than the estate agent's Audi TT. Had probably been built for
something about the size of an original mini, like an Austin 7.

modern cars are far too big these days...

It is the width that is generally a problem, but that is dictated by
having much thicker doors to make them safer in side impacts.

SteveW