Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cloros commercials.

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 17:39:55 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 3/19/2020 5:18 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 11:09:03 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 3/19/2020 10:10 AM,
wrote:
On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 07:30:26 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 4:24:44 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
I know different channels and different times of day have different
commercials, but have you noticed all the recent TV commercials for
Clorox. Not for use in washing machines, but to kill germs, like for
someone's old, frail mother (in the video), or after fishing your
child's toy out of the toilet (3 versions of that, father, mother,
black, white).

These don't seem to have anything to do with the coronovirus, but OTOH,
they come at such a good time for the Clorox company. Just coincidence?

BTW, there is no H in Clorox, so don't expect to see any chlorine
either, though sometimes it's there.

I expect to find sodium hypochlorite in Clorox.

There was a surprising amount of bleach available at the grocery store,
but it was all that stupid scented stuff. I'll wait until plain bleach
is available again.

Cindy Hamilton

I probably shouldn't say this but go to a pool store. They sell 10%
(twice what is in bleach). You need to pay deposit on the jug if you
don't have one.

Prices on that are far higher in my experience.

Dunno but I get 2.5 gallons for 4 bucks and change. That is 5 gallons
of Clorox. Maybe you can buy store brand bleach for a buck a gallon.

I just called my local pool store. 3 gallons of 12.5% is $40. I can get
6% bleach for $2/gal. There are not many pool stores left in Seattle, so
maybe no competition.

Yeah, that is ridiculous. We have a pool store in every strip mall and
there are two on opposite sides of the road where I go.
They still do OK. The guy who has the franchise for the store I go to
has a $2.4 million dollar house behind me. Wanna buy it. He has it on
the market. He is moving to a bigger one I hear. ;-)

https://nextdoor.com/real-estate-lis...14748101?is=pr