Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default It all kicked off at work today - one for Dave Plowman?

In article ,
mm0fmf wrote:
2000 inline 4
2300 inline 6
2600 inline 6
3500 v8

Could be 2600SE or 3500SE facelift model. Not a Vanden Plas, no rubbery
boot lid spoiler.

Spoiler only correct on the Vitesse. Although plenty fitted them to
'lesser' models.

I'd go for a 2600SE as in some shots you can see a 4 character logo on
the side of the front wing between the door and wheel. The 3500's just
said V8 in that position and the poverty-spec engines had the
displacement.

It is an S2 car by the rear wiper in the screen, and they had the engine
capacity on the front wing. No V8 badges anywhere.

The 2000/2300 couldn't pull a greasy stick out of a dog's arse. In one
shot he hoons it away quite smartly, so 2600SE.

Quality was so poor here I couldn't see much detail.

I had an SD1 3500V8 on a V plate (MUE285V). Wonderfully relaxing to
drive and a brilliant efficient way to convert cash into CO2 without
moving much. I had a classic P5 3500 Saloon on an original G plate (MTE
934G) at the same time with leather and wood and an even more efficient
way of converting cash into CO2 without moving far.

SD1 17-18mpg around town 24mpg on a run
P5 13-15mpg around town 22mpg on a run.

Sounds like your cars were in need of a good service. ;-)

You could her the SD1 rusting away when it rained.

You had an early one which suffered from very poor paint. Late P6 shared
the same paint and rusted just as quickly.

Later cars, somewhat better. Pretty well average for the time.

Must admit to wondering about the horn business. It is on the indicator
stalk and sheilded by the steering wheel. So dramatic licence?

--
*If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.