Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default It all kicked off at work today - one for Dave Plowman?

On 19/03/2020 20:50, mm0fmf wrote:
On 19/03/2020 20:30, Steve Walker wrote:
On 19/03/2020 20:13, mm0fmf wrote:
On 19/03/2020 19:46, ARW wrote:
We are fitting ventilation doors at a hospital ready for the
overcrowding due to expected influx of virus infected patients.

Then there was a massive argument and tradesmen nearly came to blows.

So what is this car?

NSFW depending where you work

https://youtu.be/alUyl3lkEDA?list=PL...QyODU-OM&t=843

Probably safe for work unless it's a junior school you work in

https://youtu.be/alUyl3lkEDA?list=PL...yODU-OM&t=3831

The bloke doing the ventilation said it was a 2.8 but I am sure that
they did not make a 2.8

Anyway we all got red carded and sent home for the day.

2000 inline 4
2300 inline 6
2600 inline 6
3500 v8

Could be 2600SEÂ* or 3500SE facelift model. Not a Vanden Plas, no
rubbery boot lid spoiler.

I'd go for a 2600SE as in some shots you can see a 4 character logo
on the side of the front wing between the door and wheel. The 3500's
just said V8 in that position and the poverty-spec engines had the
displacement.

The 2000/2300 couldn't pull a greasy stick out of a dog's arse. In
one shot he hoons it away quite smartly, so 2600SE.

I had an SD1 3500V8 on a V plate (MUE285V). Wonderfully relaxing to
drive and a brilliant efficient way to convert cash into CO2 without
moving much. I had a classic P5 3500 Saloon on an original G plate
(MTE 934G) at the same time with leather and wood and an even more
efficient way of converting cash into CO2 without moving far.

SD1 17-18mpg around town 24mpg on a run
P5Â* 13-15mpg around town 22mpg on a run.

You could her the SD1 rusting away when it rained. Both were cheap to
run compared with my Vanden Plas 4ltr R saloon, a 1966 Princess body
with refined fins and a side-valve Rolls Royce 4L inline 6. 12mpg
about town 19mpg on a run.

A friend of mine had a 1960 Chevrolet Sedan Delivery (think Escort van
version of the Impala, with a 5.3l V8) - supposedly one of only two in
the country. He was really pleased on a run from Nottingham to Newquay
(Cornwall), when he got up to 12mpg ... he normally got about 7!

SteveW

That's a small US engine. They're only starting to get big around 7L :-)

Buick 454, Chrysler 440 etc.

wow I have miss-judged you,,,you can't be all bad...I had fun in this
road runner...when I was 26 ......some hams have good taste...little
fingers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZk4zHrnh3M