Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Painting exterior door

On 19/03/2020 21:26, Scott wrote:
The paintwork of the front door and door frame keeps getting damaged
due to carelessness on the part of residents. Is there a more durable
paint we could use or does the nature of wood mean that any paint is
liable to impact damage?

The "residents" who have caused me problems in the past have been my
dogs. When I just filled and repainted my rather nice living room door I
seriously thought about putting a sheet of polycarbonate over the
vulnerable area. I didn't in the end because the current residents are
better behaved.

The short answer is that the underlying wood is likely to deform and no
paint will solve that although (for example) two pack epoxies are tougher.