Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Charging your car at home.

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Theo wrote:
At one time, there were parking meters at every bay where anyone could
park. Not going to cost that much more to do the same with charging
points?

The issue is there isn't sufficient wiring in the street (lampposts etc)
to power many charging points. My suggestion is to use the nice 100A
feed that's only a few metres away in the house.

Does the housing feed not also come down the street? And go under the
pavement into each house? So just as accessible as a street light one?

probably 2 or 3 feet down and possibly in the road.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England