Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lenovo B50-30

On Tuesday, 17 March 2020 21:18:35 UTC, John wrote:
On Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 7:56:25 PM UTC, tabby wrote:
On Monday, 16 March 2020 14:28:26 UTC, John wrote:
Thanks very helpful.
So....
1. Buy an external HDD holder from Amazon for £7 or so.
2. Put a new SSD in that.
3. Plug it into the USB port.
4. Ensure the SSD is formatted.

reformat it as ext3, not a windows format
Linux wants 2 partitions, one for swap space, one for everything else. 4G of swap should be more than you'll ever need.

I have an old Intel 330 120gb SSD. I assume this is fine for the Linux OS..

should be fine

So just a matter getting a caddy, inserting,
getting into the BIOS and make the SSD the boot (run) disk keeping the one TB HDD as data.

Yep

NT